Growing New Farmers Apprenticeship Program
Lowcountry Local First’s Growing New Farmers Apprenticeship Program is a continuing education opportunity for graduates of the Growing New Farmers Program or another equivalent farm training program, but also serves individuals of lesser experience with an interest in sustainable agriculture.
• Exhibits prior experience and/or desire for higher level experiential training
• Graduation from the Growing New Farmers Program, an equivalent farm training program, or farm work/volunteer experience. Other considerations will be made on a case by case basis, at the discretion of the Mentor.
• A commitment of at least four months
• Availability of at least 15 hours per week
• Agreement to the terms of the apprenticeship, set forth by Mentor
BENEFITS OF APPRENTICESHIP:
• Self-matching with a Lowcountry farm or food-business
• Access to Farm Business Advisory services following apprenticeship
• Engagement with broader Lowcountry Local First network of local-independent businesses
• Invitation to join a Lowcountry Regional Farm Listserv to stay in touch with 400 farms and advocates in the area
Please forward any questions to Jordan@lowcountrylocalfirst.org.
The mentor farmers on this site have been vetted by LLF and have previous experience in providing mentorship to those who are serious about learning all aspects of the enterprise. Explore the farm businesses and reach out to the contact provided to set up a time to learn about potential current opportunities.
Meet our mentors:
The Growing New Farmers Program is made possible by many community partners and donors, including:
Charleston County Economic Development, The Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, and the Pathfinder Foundation.
Lowcountry Local First is an equal opportunity provider and employer.