Local First Awards
Lowcountry Local First is accepting nominations October 7 – November 4, 2019 for its inaugural Local First Awards. These annual awards will celebrate the Lowcountry’s local-independent businesses whose legacy of work and choices support the local community and envision business as a force for good.
Community members may submit multiple nominations and are encouraged to provide a brief explanation for each submission to aid in the outside selection committee’s reviewing process. Lowcountry Local First member businesses will receive an extra point in the scoring rubric of consideration, however membership is not required.* To browse current members, visit LowcountryLocalFirst.org/business-directory.
Finalists will be announced in December 2019 and winners will be recognized at the Lowcountry Local First Annual Meeting and Awards Celebration on January 8, 2020.
– Community Builder Award: A local community developer, investor, or lender with deep roots in the community and known for positive investments in the Lowcountry’s people, culture, and future.
– Sustainability Award: An environmental champion who works to improve the local community through sustainable practices, products or services.
– High Road Award: A model employer who puts their people first by providing quality jobs, fostering a positive work environment, and championing beneficial business practices.
– Multiplier Award: A business that supports the local economy by purchasing supplies and services from other local businesses, creating a “ripple effect” as money circulates within the local community.
– Experience Maker Award: A local business that has created top notch customer service or experiences, be it in-person or online.
Tickets for the Annual Meeting and Awards Celebration on January 8, 2020 will launch in November 2019.
*Businesses owned by staff and board members of Lowcountry Local First are not eligible.