Commercial Space Member Services
We offer LLF members two different resources to address challenges that may arise when it comes to a physical location for your business.
1) Locals Only Space Database
If you are looking for a commercial space, our Locals Only Space Database lists unique commercial properties that may not appear in MLS listings, as well as shared-space opportunities for our members. To access the Locals Only Space Database, email Lauren Gellatly at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the password. This service is available to LLF members.
Lowcountry Local First assumes no liability and has not inspected the listings included.
2) Commercial Space Advisory Team
Understanding the ins and outs of lease negotiation, a commercial build-out process, and navigating the complex regulatory process are daunting tasks for a local business. Unlike national chain stores or large corporations who have a team of consultants to handle this aspect of their business, local businesses often have to learn or guess what to do on the fly, while trying to accomplish other critical tasks necessary to start—or continue—operating a business.
Lowcountry Local First has launched a Commercial Space Advisory Team to assist local businesses with the task of answering these questions in a professional and confidential setting. Locals experts helping local businesses.
The Advisory Team is not intended to replace the services of professionals in the real estate industry. Rather, it’s meant to offer advice and guidance in an unbiased, objective and limited format. It’s a starting place, really. Example advising may include:
– Pointing local businesses in the right direction. (Do you need an architect? How much space do you need? Etc.)
– Offering ideas or different solutions to consider. (What if you lease a bigger space than you need and sub-lease to a friend and share a conference room?)
– Confirm marketplace assumptions. (What can I expect expense pass-throughs to be? How can I compare a full service lease with a net lease?)
– Explaining common lease terms. (What needs to be considered given my business plan? Should I engage an attorney?)
– Permitting and zoning. (I have a great opportunity to lease a property, but the zoning doesn’t fit my business. What next?)
COMMERCIAL SPACE ADVISORY TEAM MEMBERS
Real Estate (Broker, Developer, Finance)
– Jeff Baxter, Cityvolve
– Michael Friedman, Luxury Simplified
– Jim Haley, Cityvolve
– Sebrina Leigh-Jones, Luxury Simplified
– Trey Lucy, Belk | Lucy
– Jonathan Oakman, Landmark Enterprises
– Steve Varn, Varn Real Estate
Design (Architect, Landscape Architect)
– Gary Collins, SeamonWhiteside
– Gaston Dietz, R2L:Architects
– Judy Dixon, Rush Dixon Architects
– Sacha Rosen, R2L:Architects
– David Thompson, David Thompson Architect
– Gray Taylor, Buist Byars & Taylor
Regulatory (Zoning, Permitting)
– Amanda Herring, City of Charleston, Dept of Business & Neighborhood Services
– Ryan Johnson, City of North Charleston, Office of the Mayor
– Amy Livingston, Town of Mount Pleasant, Business & Tourism
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
All industries and business types are invited to participate. This service is available to LLF members.
To learn more please contact Lauren Gellatly, Community Development Director, by email at email@example.com, phone (843)801-3390, or please complete this short questionnaire, and we will contact you: