2019 Buy Local Month
November 15th – December 15th
The sense of place that we have in the Lowcountry – all that makes this place unique – is largely thanks to our local retail businesses. Local shops, both service-and product-based, are what build our culture. It’s the places where you can fix a shoe, find the perfect dress, buy a coffee or a new book, and connect with neighbors.
Buy Local Month (November 15 – December 15) encourages all to buy local and keep holiday dollars flowing within our community. We know that we must invest in what we value, or else risk losing it!
This annual campaign is a grassroots movement of education and relationship building that promotes the many economic and societal benefits of supporting local businesses. During Buy Local Month, LLF works to showcase the great work local businesses are doing for their community and to steer consumers to these businesses at the height of the holiday shopping season.
How to Engage in Buy Local Month:
– Sign the Pledge to Buy Local and shift 10% or more of your holiday spending to local businesses. We’ll be here to help along the way!
– Bookmark and utilize the Buy Local Market Calendar (launches in late October), which is continuously updated throughout the campaign with new events. Get out and mingle with your neighbors, while finding one-of-a-kind gifts for your loved ones! (Event planners: Submit your market events here for consideration.)
– Use the Buy Local Easy Buttons (launches in early November) to browse and search for local businesses who make shopping local this holiday season easy, convenient and fun! If your member business falls under the retail, food & beverage or personal services / experiences sectors – complete the Easy Button form here.
– Look for the “Certified Local” badge in storefronts or use our Online Local Business Directory to support your neighbors this holiday season! And don’t miss the street light banners that will hang along King Street, Daniel Island and other shopping districts throughout Nov-Dec.
– Look for the “My Buy Local Recommendations” posters in local storefront windows this holiday season for a list of local spots that your local business owners love. Better yet, grab a Buy Local Month postcard from that store, fill out your own favorite spots, snap a pic and share on Instagram with #mylocalrecs and we’ll share your local love!
Want to partner with us on this campaign? Let’s chat!
THANKS TO THESE BUSINESSES FOR SUPPORTING THE
BUY LOCAL MOVEMENT:
BUY LOCAL LEADER:
BUY LOCAL CHAMPION:
BUY LOCAL GROUND-BREAKERS:
BUY LOCAL LOVERS: