Now Hiring: Program Coordinator
Jun 25, 2021
Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Charleston, SC
Term: Full-time/ Exempt
Application Deadline: Rolling basis, open until filled
Salary Range: $41,000 to $45,000 annually plus benefits
Summary: The Program Coordinator will serve all initiatives of the organization and is primarily responsible for providing administrative, project management, and event support for our Good Enterprises Initiative. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Good Enterprises Program Director to implement and support the participants in our three core Good Enterprises program areas: the Community Business Academy (CBA), Business Acceleration Services (BAS) and Credit to Capital. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will act as the point person for our Community Storefront Program which incubates businesses with the goal of neighborhood economic revitalization.
In addition to being meticulously details-driven and oriented towards systems thinking, a successful candidate will have an authentic connection to and passion for LLF’s mission. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized, tech-savvy, and enjoy interacting with people as part of a small, nonprofit team. We are seeking a bi-lingual Program Coordinator.
Lowcountry Local First is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 450 local businesses representing diverse industries across the 8-county Lowcountry region. Our mission is to cultivate an economy anchored in local ownership, because local-independent businesses are the cornerstone of our culture, economy, and character. Our work is threefold: 1) educate the public on why it is important to choose local and influence them to do so; 2) work with our elected officials, decision-makers, and opinion leaders to foster a better environment for creating and sustaining local businesses, and 3) deliver resources, programming, networking, mentorship and more to local businesses of all shapes and sizes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Work with each individual participating in Community Business Academy to assist with applications, program fees, attendance and homework tracking, and any other administrative needs for the 12-week entrepreneur course.
- Support and steward Business Acceleration Services by overseeing coaching relationships, making introductions between coaches and clients, tracking invoices, and working to meet program goals.
- Help to implement the annual survey for Good Enterprises, including substantial outreach, follow-up, and data processing.
- Regularly update program metrics and participant demographic data to support grant reporting and donor communication needs.
- Achieve short-term goals and objectives directed by the Program Director.
- Organize workshops that provide value to the program participants.
- Oversee the Good Enterprises digital ‘Help Desk.’
- With input from the Program Director, plan and execute regular workshops for Good Enterprises program participants.
- Provide Spanish/English translation services for program materials, data entry, and conduct outreach to Spanish-speaking program participants.
- In partnership with LLF team, identify businesses that are willing and able to provide specific services to the BAS participants at a reduced cost.
- With input from the Program Director, provide admin support for Credit to Capital services for clients.
- Train with our program partner to become a certified Community Business Academy instructor, and participate in other trainings as needed to deliver the program to agreed upon standards.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish-speaking candidate is preferred for this position. Native Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject or minimum three years of relevant experience in program support, project management, and/or small business support.
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship and small business support, as well as the mission of LLF.
- Ability to promote the organization to diverse audiences, including potential program participants.
- Demonstrated project and program support experience.
- Proven ability to be self-starting, highly organized, and detail-oriented—comfortable with unstructured assignments, multi-tasking, and quick deadlines.
- Tech-savvy and proficient in the use of computers for: databases, spreadsheets, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
The Program Coordinator works in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. The Program Coordinator works a standard work week but will likely be required to work evenings and/or occasional weekends for outreach, member mixers, or to teach or monitor program. We will work with the Program Coordinator to ensure appropriate comp time.
- Three weeks of paid time off in year one, with increases based on tenure.
- Eight paid holidays (including your birthday), plus Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
- 3% company matching SIMPLE-IRA retirement fund (after three  months of employment).
- Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
- Remote work opportunity with approval from direct supervisor.
- Parental leave up to  weeks (after one year of employment), including four  weeks paid leave.
- Annual stipend provided for professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Program Coordinator” in subject heading.