Local businesses show support for community members affected by government shutdown
Jan 23, 2019
The following local businesses are providing discounts or special offerings to community members and families affected by the government shutdown. We urge you to support these businesses and thank them for their commitment to the well-being of this community and place we all call home.
Food / Beverage:
– AmplifiedAg / Tiger Corner Farms: Provides weekly donations of their aeroponic-grown lettuce
– Ember Wood Fired Kitchen: 25% off your meal for those affected by the shutdown with valid government ID
– Five Loaves Cafe: 25% off your meal for those affected by the shutdown with valid government ID
– Sesame Burgers and Beer: 25% off your meal for those affected by the shutdown with valid government ID
– Dellz Deli (all locations): 15% off for adults, 20% off all kids meals, Wednesdays kids eat free for those affected by the shutdown with valid government ID
Personal and Professional Services
– Blueprint Insurance Group: Many carriers are offering alternate billing options for auto insurance for those affected by the shutdown.
–Dolittles: Government employees that are furloughed can claim a free bag of pet food
– Charleston Music Hall: The Charleston Music Hall is offering a BOGO (buy one, get one free) deal for tickets to Ladysmith Black Mambazo on Jan. 26th, Neko Case on Jan. 30th, and The Magpie Salute on Feb. 5th for all furloughed federal employees. This offer is only available through our Box Office with proof of government employment. Our Box Office is located at 37 John St. and is open Monday – Thursday from 12PM to 6PM and Friday from 10AM to 6PM.
If your business wishes to be included on this list, please fill out this brief form. This post is being produced collaboratively with SC State Representative JA Moore, the first professional chef elected to the Statehouse. He may be reached by email at email@example.com.
Photo above of Five Loaves Cafe.