Why 2016 was good to us
Dec 21, 2016
2016 was a banner year for Lowcountry Local First, and we’re beyond jazzed to be entering our 10th year serving as your advocate for locally-owned, independent businesses. Thanks to your support in 2016, we proudly…
– formed a Commercial Space Advisory Team,
– selected our first Creatives in Residence for Local Works,
– witnessed our Executive Director be named a South Carolina Ambassador for Economic Development by Charleston County,
– graduated 16 new farmers and food system leaders into the community through our Growing New Farmers Program,
– inspired conversations and ideas among the more than 250 regional business leaders at our Good Business Summit,
– engaged more than 1,000 individuals and 19 teams in our Eat Local Challenge,
– partnered with the Town of Mount Pleasant to launch a new Town Proud local certified business program,
– matched 12 future food system leaders with strategic mentorship in the local farming community,
– provided low-cost, flexible, connective work space for more than 50 businesses,
– and much more!
Your support can help ensure that we continue to do great things for the local business community in 2017. Make a year-end contribution to support a new model of economic development that is anchored in local ownership in order to build economic opportunity and celebrate the unique character of the Lowcountry.