Growing New Farmers Apprenticeship Program
The Growing New Farmers Apprenticeship Program is accepting applications on a rolling basis.
Lowcountry Local First’s Growing New Farmers Apprenticeship Program is a continuing education opportunity for graduates of the Growing New Farmers Program or another equivalent farm training program, but also serves individuals of lesser experience with an interest in sustainable agriculture.
– Exhibits prior experience and/or desire for higher level experiential training
– Graduation from the Growing New Farmers Program, an equivalent farm training program, or farm work/volunteer experience. Other considerations will be made on a case by case basis, at the discretion of the Mentor.
– A commitment of at least four months
– Availability of at least 15 hours per week
– Agreement to the terms of the apprenticeship, set forth by Mentor
BENEFITS OF APPRENTICESHIP:
– Self-matching with a Lowcountry farm or food-business
– Toolkit for farm development projects including CSA management plans, enterprise budget worksheets, social media resources, and availability list/hot sheet templates
– Access to Farm Business Advisory services following apprenticeship
Please forward any questions to Program Coordinator, Carrie Larson, at GNF@lowcountrylocalfirst.org.
Meet some of our featured mentors:
The Growing New Farmers Program is made possible by many community partners and donors, including:
Charleston County Economic Development, The Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, and the Pathfinder Foundation.
Lowcountry Local First is an equal opportunity provider and employer.