Local First Awards
The Local First Awards are an annual celebration of the Lowcountry’s local-independent businesses whose legacy of work and choices support the local community and envision business as a force for good.
The window for nominations for the inaugural celebration has closed (Nov 4, 2019). Community members were invited to submit multiple nominations and provide a brief explanation for each submission to aid in the outside selection committee’s reviewing process. Lowcountry Local First member businesses will receive an extra point in the scoring rubric of consideration, however membership is not required.*
Finalists were announced in December 2019 and winners were recognized at the Lowcountry Local First Annual Meeting and Awards Celebration on January 8, 2020.
– Community Builder Award: A local community developer, investor, or lender with deep roots in the community and known for positive investments in the Lowcountry’s people, culture, and future.
– Sustainability Award: An environmental champion who works to improve the local community through sustainable practices, products or services.
– High Road Award: A model employer who puts their people first by providing quality jobs, fostering a positive work environment, and championing beneficial business practices.
– Multiplier Award: A business that supports the local economy by purchasing supplies and services from other local businesses, creating a “ripple effect” as money circulates within the local community.
– Experience Maker Award: A local business that has created top notch customer service or experiences, be it in-person or online.
Community Builder Award:
Winner: Springbok Coffee Roasters
Winner: GlassEco Surfaces
High Road Award:
Experience Maker Award:
Winner: Commonhouse Aleworks
*Businesses owned by staff and board members of Lowcountry Local First are not eligible.