Calendar of Business Development Workshops
— ONGOING —
Charleston LDC – Small Business Loans
Regular workshops on how to package a loan request and answer some FAQ’s for starting a business
– Every first and last Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m., and every first and last Thursday of the month at 4 p.m.
– RSVP via e-mail to Info@charlestonldc.org or by calling (843) 973-7298.
– 2 Race Street, Charleston, SC 29403
City of Charleston New Business Open House
These events, held each month, are a chance for local entrepreneurs to connect with representatives from various city departments to discuss regulations, available services, and the overall new-business process. Information on programs offered by the city and outside organizations designed to help new businesses succeed will also be available.
– Every third Friday of the month, 2 p.m.
– No RSVP necessary. Find details on Facebook.
– First Floor Public Meeting Room at the Gaillard Center (2 George Street)
The mission of the Charleston SCORE Chapter is to provide professional counseling and mentoring to entrepreneurs. They offer ongoing free resources, one-on-one counseling, and workshops for existing and new small businesses. Local Works hosts our members for free monthly mentoring from local SCORE mentors. RSVP or join the wait list for the next session here.
SBA Workshops and Webinars
The U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses. Find a training for your business’ unique needs in their learning center and view full resources for planning, launching or growing a small business.