NOW HIRING: Director of Development
Aug 13, 2019
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Position: Director of Development (Full-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 annually plus benefits
Summary: Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization, founded in 2007 and is made up of more than 600 local businesses and community leaders working to transform and model a sustainable local economy. Provide your exceptional fundraising skills to support a community of innovative, local, independent businesses and food system leaders. Lowcountry Local First is a rapidly growing, results-oriented, small team workplace.
The Director of Development is a key leadership role and will manage and oversee all elements of the fundraising operations and help secure the resources necessary for the maintenance and growth of the organization. The position entails working closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors of LLF, stewarding new and existing donors. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4-years’ experience and a successful fundraising track record.
- Develop and execute a multi-source development plan and oversee its implementation and tracking.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate impactful initiatives for member and donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Establish key fundraising processes and messaging.
- Participate regularly in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of the organization.
- Actively build strong relationships across all segments of the community to identify and cultivate new individual donors and contributors.
- Support the organization’s Membership and Communication efforts, events, and other related duties and projects as needed.
- Provide strategic leadership as a member of the Executive Team, as well as manage staff whose roles include membership and sponsorship cultivation/stewardship.
- Key donor duties:
– Manage the implementation and maintenance of new donor management software.
– Conduct prospect research.
– Work with Board of Directors to identify prospects.
– Set prospect and current donor meetings.
– Write donor appeal letters, emails, proposals, and stewardship pieces with support from the Director of Marketing and Communications.
– Implement a Major Giving program with the support of the Executive Director.
– Manage a portfolio of lower level donors with mid-high capacity to steward, as well as qualify, cultivate, and solicit for larger gifts.
– Manage quarterly donor reports.
– Work with team to plan and implement one donor thank you event per year.
- Grants and Foundation duties:
– Identification of new prospects for multiple programmatic initiatives.
– Build and maintain close and productive relationships with foundation staff and trustees through regular and timely communications.
– Proposal and report writing in collaboration with program staff.
– Assist finance and administrative staff with grant monitoring and management, financial reporting, and documentation of grant funds.
– Serve as point of contact for foundations.
- Annual Campaign planning duties:
– Lead public phase planning efforts.
– Manage mid-level campaign planning efforts, strategy and implementation.
– Lead development of annual report with support from the Director of Marketing & Communications and program staff.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated fundraising success including: major gifts, direct campaigns, grant writing and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) or master’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate a passion for building strong local economies.
- Ability to direct staff and collaborate with a small team, as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Eloquently and effectively communicate the mission and work of LLF, whether one-on-one or a public speaking engagement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar donor management CRM.
- 3 weeks of paid time off in year one, and increases with tenure.
- 15 paid holidays, including Dec. 24th through Jan 1st, and your birthday.
- 3% company matching SIMPLE-IRA retirement fund.
- Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
- Work remotely one day per week (after one year of employment).
- Parental leave up to 14 weeks (after one year of employment), including 4 weeks paid leave.
- Annual stipend for professional development.
- Work with a great team of professionals. Meet the LLF crew.
- Work in Local Works, a space described an “open, beautiful, vibrant space designed to bring local entrepreneurs together,” by Charleston City Paper.
- Meet and interact with LLF member businesses (500+ local companies) and Local Works coworking community.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in subject heading.
Lowcountry Local First is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.