NOW HIRING: Director of Development
Dec 4, 2017
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Position: Director of Development (Full-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Summary: Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization, founded in 2007 and is made up of more than 600 local businesses and community leaders working to transform and model a sustainable local economy. Provide your exceptional fundraising skills to support a community of innovative, local, independent businesses and food system leaders. Lowcountry Local First is a rapidly growing, results-oriented, small team workplace.
The Director of Development is a key leadership role and will manage and oversee all elements of the fundraising operations and help secure the resources necessary for the maintenance and growth of the organization. The position entails working closely with the Executive Director and Board Members of LLF, stewarding new and existing donors. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4-years experience and a successful fundraising track record.
– Develop and execute a multi-source development plan and oversee its implementation and tracking.
– Plan, implement, and evaluate impactful initiatives for member and donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
– Establish key fundraising processes and messaging
– Participate regularly in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of the organization.
– Actively build strong relationships across all segments of the community to identify and cultivate new individual donors and contributors.
– Support the organization’s Membership and Communication efforts, events, and other related duties and projects as needed and as time allows.
– Grants and Foundation duties:
- Identification of new prospects for multiple programmatic initiatives
- Building and maintaining close and productive relationships with foundation staff and trustees through regular and timely communications
- Proposal and report writing in collaboration with program staff
- Assist finance and administrative staff with grant monitoring and management, financial reporting, and documentation of grant funds
- Serve as point of contact for foundations
– Annual Campaign planning duties:
- Lead public phase planning efforts
- Manage mid-level campaign planning efforts, strategy and implementation
- Lead development of annual report with support from the Director of Marketing & Communications and program staff
– Donor duties:
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of new donor management software
- Conduct prospect research
- Work with LLF Board of Directors to identify prospects
- Set prospect and current donor meetings
- Write donor appeal letters, emails, proposals, and stewardship pieces with support from the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Manage a portfolio of lower level donors with mid-high capacity to steward, as well as qualify, cultivate, and solicit for larger gifts
- Manage quarterly donor reports and
- Maintain donor list on LLF website
- Work with team to plan and implement one donor thank you event per year
Skills and Experience
– A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated fundraising success including: major gifts, direct campaigns, grant writing and communications.
– BA (required) or Master’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
– Passion for building strong local economies.
– Ability to direct staff and collaborate with a small team as well as work independently.
– Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communications skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office.
– Experience with a donor management database or other tool.
Benefits include: 15 PTO days for the first year with annual increase & 11 paid holidays per year. Ability to work from home 1 day per week after the first year. Flexible work schedule. Generous monthly insurance stipend.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to Kaylee Schuh at Kaylee@lowcountrylocalfirst.org. No phone calls, please.
Lowcountry Local First is an equal opportunity provider and employer.