We're Hiring: Events Coordinator
Oct 12, 2022
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Title: Events Coordinator
Location: Charleston, SC
Term: Full-time/ Exempt
Reports to: Director of Economic Development
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Salary Range: $41,000-45,000 annually, plus benefits
Lowcountry Local First (LLF) advances economic prosperity and local ownership through inclusive and innovative initiatives that build our community’s wealth and wellbeing. We are an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 500 local businesses and community leaders working to transform and model a sustainable local economy. Provide your exceptional events and development skills to support a community of innovative, local, independent businesses and entrepreneurs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Event Support:
At LLF, we believe in human connections as the catalyst for the “relationship economy,” and one of the main ways we bring humans together is through our events. We produce two annual, signature events (the Good Business Summit and the Chef’s Potluck) and numerous smaller events (workshops, local socials, etc.) throughout the year. In addition, outside supporters occasionally host events to support our organization. Our new Events Coordinator will play a central role in all of these.
– Serve as the main point of contact with the venue, managing payment, deliveries, AV, etc.
– Coordinate all event logistics, rentals, food & beverage, décor, etc.
– Organize the people: assign staff roles and recruit/manage volunteers
– Maintain records of event processes and resources for future reference
– Table at events as needed
– Obtain ABL permit when needed
– Provide detailed timeline for each event and coordinate with marketing efforts
– Manage RSVP forms and processes
– Event day support (managing technology, staffing, signage, etc.)
– Using CRM to track event data
40% Development Support:
In addition to event responsibilities, the Events Coordinator will serve in a development support role and take on the following duties:
– Assist with donor stewardship according to the stewardship plan to maintain strong donor relations
– Solicit individual and corporate donors to meet fundraising goals assigned
– Support organization efforts to increase donor retention with specific focus on lapsed donor campaigns
– Ensure that all donors and sponsors are thanked in a timely fashion by generating and tracking acknowledgements
– Support board engagement and administrative activities
– Support monthly membership mailings
– To the extent possible, ensure adherence to deadlines and compliance with state and federal registrations and certifications (SC Secretary of State, SAM, etc.)
– Maintain donor records in CRM and electronic files
Skills & Qualifications
LLF is a small, committed, supportive team environment. We are here for each other, we lend a hand to our colleagues when needed, we deeply care about our work and community and it shows. We’re looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, ninja/unicorn to join our team.
The ideal candidate:
– Has excellent problem-solving skills
– Has the ability to handle multiple tasks and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff
– Is a self-starter who thrives on deadlines
– Is highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes
– Has demonstrated strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and database management skills
– Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with at least one additional year of experience
– 3 weeks of paid time off in year one, and increases with tenure.
– 15 paid holidays, including Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
– 3% company matching SIMPLE IRA retirement fund.
– Generous cell phone and insurance stipends.
– Work remotely one day per week (after one year of employment)
– Parental leave up to 14 weeks (after one year of employment), including 4 weeks paid leave.
– Annual stipend for professional development.
– Work with a great team of professionals. Meet the LLF crew.
– Work in Local Works, a community coworking space described as an “open, beautiful, vibrant space designed to bring local entrepreneurs together,” by Charleston City Paper.
– Meet and interact with 500+ LLF member businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors during all but the most severe weather. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
If you’re excited about this position, but feel you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, please apply — it never hurts to try.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Events Coordinator” in subject heading.