We're Hiring: Good Enterprises Program Administrator
Jan 6, 2023
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Title: Good Enterprises Program Administrator
Location: Charleston, SC
Term: Part-time. Some evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Good Enterprises Program Director
Application Deadline: Open until filled; Interviews begin week of January 15, 2023
Start Date: February 15, 2023
Rate of Pay: $20/hr plus benefits
Summary: The Program Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to Lowcountry Local First’s Good Enterprises initiative. The three core Good Enterprises program areas include: Community Business Academy, Business Acceleration Services, Credit to Capital.
The ideal candidate should be extremely organized, tech-savvy, and enjoy interacting with people as part of a small, non-profit team. In addition to being meticulously details-driven and oriented towards data and systems thinking, a successful candidate will have an authentic connection to and passion for LLF’s mission.
Lowcountry Local First (LLF) advances economic prosperity and local ownership through inclusive and innovative initiatives that build our community’s wealth and wellbeing. We are an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 500 local businesses and community leaders working to transform and model a sustainable local economy. Provide your exceptional organizational skills to support a community of innovative, local, independent businesses and entrepreneurs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Administrator performs a wide range of duties including:
- Reconcile invoices coaching logs, and payments for coaches and participants in Business Accelerator Services.
- Regularly update program metrics and participant demographic data to support grant reporting.
- Assist with setting up workshops that provide value to the program participants.
- Maintain the Good Enterprises digital ‘Resource Center’ by uploading approved resources and ensuring materials are up to date.
- Help implement the annual survey for Good Enterprises, including substantial outreach, follow-up, and data processing.
LLF is a small, committed, supportive team environment. We are here for each other, we lend a hand to our colleagues when needed, we deeply care about our work and community and it shows. We’re looking for a super-organized, enthusiastic, scheduling and data-headed mastermind to join our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and two-three years of relevant experience in program support, project management, and/or small business support.
- Ability to interact with diverse audiences, including potential program participants. Demonstrated project and program support experience.
- Proven ability to be self-starting, highly organized, and detail-oriented, comfortable with unstructured assignments, multi-tasking, and quick deadlines.
- Tech-savvy and proficient in the use of computers for: databases, spreadsheets, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish-speaking candidate is preferred for this position but not mandatory.
The Program Administrator works in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. The Program Administrator works a standard work week but will likely be required to work some evenings and/or occasional weekends for outreach, member mixers, or to monitor program activities. We will work with the Program Administrator to ensure appropriate comp time.
- 5 weeks of paid time off in year one, and increases with tenure.
- 15 pro-rated paid holidays, including Dec. 24th through Jan 1st.
- Work remotely one day per week.
- Annual stipend for professional development.
- Work with a great team of professionals. Meet the LLF crew.
- Work in Local Works, a space described as an “open, beautiful, vibrant space designed to bring local entrepreneurs together,” by Charleston City Paper.
- Meet and interact with LLF member businesses (500+ local companies) and Local Works coworking community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors during all but the most severe weather. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Program Administrator” in subject heading.