We're Hiring: Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Jan 24, 2023
Organization: Lowcountry Local First
Title: Bookkeeper / Administrative Assistant
Location: Charleston, SC
Term: Part-time, 20 hours per week. Schedule flexible.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: May 1, 2023 or sooner
Rate of Pay: $20 per hour. Pro-rated paid time off.
Lowcountry Local First (LLF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization made up of more than 500 local businesses and community leaders working to transform and model a sustainable local economy. Provide your exceptional administrative and bookkeeping skills to support a community of innovative, local, independent businesses and entrepreneurs.
Lowcountry Local First is a rapidly growing, results-oriented, small team workplace.
– Weekly accounting duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, Quickbooks entry and monthly financial reports
– Support all board administrative activities
– Assist with monthly membership mailings
– Order office supplies
– Provide administrative support to team members as time allows
– Assist with any reporting necessary, including but not limited to federal grant financial reports and timely reminders and collection of reports from each team member
– Maintain project and/or team calendars as needed
– Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables
– To the extent possible, ensure adherence to deadlines
– File all documents (hard and soft copies)
– Provide interoffice management support–mileage sheet reminders, board report reminders etc.
– Staff the front desk at Local Works Coworking Space 2.5 days/week or as needed.
– Support special events from time to time, may include occasional evenings and weekends
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
– Is self-motivated and self-regulated
– Has extreme attention for detail
– Has excellent problem-solving skills
– Has the ability to handle multiple tasks and wear the many hats required of a small nonprofit staff
– A self-starter who thrives on deadlines; can effectively manage multiple projects at a time
– Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes
– Is highly proficient in Quickbooks online preferably with nonprofit experience
– Has demonstrated strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and database management skills
– Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with at least one additional year of experience
– Spanish language proficiency preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to ongoing organizational improvements to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We cannot achieve a thriving local economy without racial justice, and we believe that achieving true equality requires dismantling racism and repairing the centuries of harm inflicted on Black, Indigenous, and People of Color. We aim to identify candidates committed to these values of equity and justice. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors during all but the most severe weather. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@lowcountrylocalfirst.org with “Bookkeeper” in subject heading.