Join Lowcountry Local First
The Lowcountry thrives because of its strong, cooperative local business community. Join the hundreds of local-independent businesses who make up the Lowcountry Local First movement. Whether you’re looking for educational webinars, marketing clout, advocacy support, or information about local events and socials, our membership benefits provide more than just a network of passionate local leaders. Find the level that works for your unique business and let us help you make the most of membership.
We do not want money to be a barrier of entry for those looking to engage in this work with us. We want to know you and we want you to know us. Your input, your voice and your support matter. If you have any questions or issues with the process below, give us a call at 843-801-3390 or contact Steve to get started.
* Looking to renew your existing membership? You can do that here too. Simply choose “renew membership” below before entering your information.
Certified Local Member Criteria:
The following criteria are necessary for businesses joining Lowcountry Local First and constitute Lowcountry Local First’s definition of a local independent business:
1) The business is privately held and not publicly traded.
2) The business is based locally and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the Lowcountry.
3) The business owners who have a controlling interest of more than 50% live in the Lowcountry.
4) The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, business purchasing, practices and distribution, as well as pays all its own marketing, rent, and other business expenses.
Community Bank or Credit Union
To join as a Community Bank or Credit Union, please review our membership criteria for financial institutions.
Looking to support the work of Lowcountry Local First but don’t qualify to be a Business Member? Make a contribution at any amount and show your Localist pride!