We’re building a movement. Are you ready to join us? Learn more about Membership Benefits.
The following criteria are necessary for businesses joining Lowcountry Local First and constitute Lowcountry Local First’s definition of a local independent business:
1) The business is privately held and not publicly traded.
2) The business is based locally and has no corporate or national headquarters outside the state.
3) The business owners who have a controlling interest of more than 50% live in the Lowcountry.
4) The business can make independent decisions regarding the name and look of the business, business purchasing, practices and distribution, as well as pays all their own marketing, rent, and other business expenses.
Community Bank or Credit Union
To join as a Community Bank or Credit Union, please review our membership criteria for financial institutions.
Individual or Family
Not a business but love spreading the local love? Join the movement as a Localist to show your support for our mission, participate in our monthly mixers, and gain access to special Localist only events. You can join as an individual or include your whole family!
Please choose a membership type:
- Business Directory Listing
- Member Mixers
- Event Discounts