Eat Local Challenge Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
Apr 3, 2019
Provided by: Katherine Ramirez, 2018 Growing New Farmers Program graduate
1 lb. pizza dough from Rio Bertolini. Available at most local farmers market
9 oz. of alfredo sauce
3 medium eggs, scrambled. (Available from Wishbone Heritage Farms)
3 oz. of chopped green peppers. (Available at Lowcountry Street Grocery)
3 oz. of chopped red onion. (Available at Lowcountry Street Grocery)
5 oz. of cooked, crumbled sausage. (Available at Wishbone Heritage Farms)
5 oz. of cooked, crumbled bacon. (Available at Wishbone Heritage Farms)
3 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese. (Seasonally available at Burden Creek Dairy)
1 cup flour
– Preheat oven to 450°. Coat tabletop and dough with flour.
– Use rolling pin to flatten dough ball. Be sure to replenish flour if need be, to prevent sticking.
– Using a ladle or spoon, spread alfredo from the center of the pizza dough, to about a 1/2 inch away from the edge of the crust.
– Top pizza evenly with scrambled eggs, green peppers, onions, sausage, bacon and cheese.
– Put on center rack in oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.