ELC Recipe: Fennel and Collard Saute
Apr 26, 2017
Purchasing a CSA (community supported agriculture) share is a great way to shift a portion of your weekly food budget to local food. If you are interested in a full list of farms with CSAs, visit our Farm Fresh Food Guide.
Compost in My Shoe, owned and operated by Jim Martin, is dedicated to growing and developing high quality produce,products and services while nurturing the life-giving bond we all have with the land. Compost in My Shoe CSA subscribers receive weekly drop-offs of fresh produce and a featured recipe of the week. The below recipe is easy to execute and can be used with a variety of local, veggies.
Fennel and Collard Sauté
Chef David Vagasky- Teaching Chef, Culinary Institute of Charleston-Trident Tech
- 1-2 baby fennel
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 green onions
- 2-3 small carrots
- 2 baby garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 5 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut veggies in bite size pieces.
- In a sauté pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil, vegetables, chicken broth. Sauté for three to five minutes. Cook until tender.
- For sauce, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce by half. Cool. Pour over vegetables right before serving.
Modify this with a variety of veggies for a quick and easy fresh medley of local, in season veggies and herbs.