This recipe was submitted by Eat Local Challenge Blogger, The Citrus Mistress, using fresh, local strawberries. Follow her on Instagram for more fresh, local food ideas and share your own tips and tricks by using hashtag #HowIEatLocal or tagging @LowcountryLocal!
2 Cups Coconut or Almond Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
1 Tsp of Nutmeg
2 Medium Bananas (mashed)
1 Cup of Sliced Strawberries (local!)
1 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 Cup of Plain or Strawberry Almond Yogurt
1Tbsp of Maple Syrup
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
– Pre-heat the Oven to 300.
– Whisk all of the dry ingredients and all of the wet ingredients in two separate bowls, leaving out the sliced strawberries.
– Slowly mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix thoroughly. If too dry add more applesauce, if too wet add more flour.
– Fold in the sliced strawberries.
– Pour into bread pan and bake for 25 minutes.
“Sorbet”(optional) – Half frozen strawberries, half fresh strawberries with a splash of almond or coconut milk, blended.