Love Local this Valentine's Day
Feb 2, 2016
You can’t buy love, but you can buy local and that’s kind of the same thing. Show your sweetie the Local Love and support locally-owned businesses this Valentine’s Day. Not sure where to start? We have you covered with our Local Business Directory. We’ve also heard about these great specials through the local grape vine:
- Local Love Box by Tint and Purple Magnolia – only 50 of these lovely packages available, touting local blooms, chocolate and a card. Learn more and order ahead of time!
- King of Pops has a Box of Chocolates (a variety of 8 chocolatey pops) that benefits the PACE Charter School. Email email@example.com to order.
- Know someone who loves bacon? Ted’s Butcherblock’s Bacon of the Month Club is for them!
- Candlefish has a couple of Valentine’s bundles created for your love and available in their store – including flowers, chocolates, a card and Candlefish candle – as well as a Candle Making & Wine Blending class at the Grand Bohemian on the 13th.
- Roti Rolls’ Community Dinner Series that literally pays it forward. Read more and support this local food truck with your honey this month!
- You can also enjoy a food truck date on Valentine’s Day at the 2nd Sunday Food Truck Brunch with Roti Rolls and Sweet LuLu’s Bakery.
- MOSA Boutique will be stocked with loads of new dress arrivals, as well as touting a Buy One Get One Free on all clearance items, ranging from 50-70% off!
- “Share the Love” … and a salad at Verde! Througout Feb 13 – 14th, enjoy Buy One Get One Free salads and wraps.
- Grab a romantic dinner-for-two to go from Mercantile & Mash (did someone say beef tenderloin and sauteed jumbo shrimp?).
- The Cocktail Club is getting creative with a “sugar and spice” cocktail class. Not feeling the love bug? Get out and enjoy the night at their Jilted Love Affair!
- Valentine’s Eve Couples Climb at Wild Blue Ropes. Share your love of adventure with your sweetheart. Bring your own food or drinks and enjoy the aerial challenge! Learn more and book now.
- Book a mini 30-min couples’ photo shoot with your sweetheart on Feb 13 or 14th and receive digital and print images to enjoy for years to come! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your slot.
- … More to come – be sure to check back over the next couple of weeks!
Why “love local” this Valentine’s Day?
… because supporting a locally-owned business puts 3 times the amount of money back into our community than buying from a national chain store.
… because these businesses are headquartered here, so profits and taxes stay here rather than being shipped back to Arkansas or Washington State.
… because quality of life matters most to you. Key to quality of life – good jobs. Shopping on Amazon creates 14 jobs for every $10 million spent versus shopping locally, which produces 57 jobs per $10 million spent.
… because Charleston is a place of pride and part of that pride comes from knowing our place is unique, the people are exceptional, and the natural beauty stunning. We lose that if we become a city, state or region that is like any other – Anywhere, USA.
… because buying local means you support your friends and neighbors — and what’s better than that?!
Spread the word!